Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Illinois Enema Bandit

That is the title to one of the songs on my new DVD by Frank Zappa. Also included on this musical gem: Watermelon in Easter Hay, Jesus Thinks You're A Jerk, Planet of the Baritone Women, Black Napkins, and The Torture Never Stops.
Frank had a way with writing very funny or political songs. He was kind of an uncensored version of Weird Al Yankovic. If you think his song titles were crazy, you should see the lyrics. Some of the other crazy songs:
You Are What You Is, Zomby Woof, My Guitar Wants To Kill Your Mama, Easy Meat, G-Spot Tornado, Uncle Meat, Dog Breath Variations, He's So Gay, Keep It Greasey, Honey Don't You Want A Man Like Me, Call Any Vegetable, I'm The Slime, Tryin' To Grow A Chin, Disco Boy, and many more.
I spent most of the day watching the first two discs of Season Two of Paranormal State. Very exciting stuff. I love to be scared, but not much scares me anymore. There really isn't much out there that is bad enough to get me to check under the bed before I go to sleep anymore. Some of the books I've read lately (Hostage to the Devil, Glimpses of the Devil) about demon possession are about as close as it gets to giving me the "creeps."
There is a small handful of movies that almost still do it for me. Portions of The Exorcism of Emily Rose and The Exorcist work because they were based on actual events. There is supposed to be a "Blair Witch" type movie coming out soon called Paranormal Activity. It's being shown in only a few theaters and I hope it goes nationwide. I've heard pretty good reviews of it.
The best thing about October is the amount of really good scary movies and documentaries on SyFy, A&E, History Channel and Discovery.
As far as really good scary or creepy movies I have in my collection, these are the ones I'd recommend:
Let The Right One In
The Shining
Rosemary's Baby
Jacob's Ladder
The Exorcist
The Exorcism of Emily Rose (look up the YouTube posts of Anelise Michel, the girl the movie was based on....very disturbing)
The St. Francisville Experiement
Martyrs
The Orphanage

No comments:

Post a Comment