Friday, October 16, 2009

Who Can It Be Now?

Last night, a large number of the exclusive Seafood Tavern gents dressed up and went to the Warehouse to watch Colin Hay...former frontman for Men At Work. The show was amazing and it was part "concert" and part "VH1 Storytellers." Colin's still got a great voice and his solo stuff is incredible. The only solo song I heard before last night was "I Just Don't Think I'll Ever Get Over You" which was featured on the Garden State soundtrack and passed around on a love-triangle mix-tape CD that I ended up with ( I won't go into details...you know who you are).
The guys (KC, Tyler, Nick, Bobby and Wes.......wow, sounds like a Boy Band) and I were pretty dapper last night. Aside from Bobby hijacking the merch table, it was pretty uneventful. I bought Colin's new CD and it's a great one. We all took a picture with Colin and I got him to autograph my CD. I stopped short of telling him that I've got a stuffed Koala that sings "Down Under" and that me and Kelly sing that song every week. I figured that would be overkill....get it? He's got a song called "Overkill."
More later....

No comments:

Post a Comment