Thursday, October 8, 2009

Paranormal Phun!

So, I found a new show to watch on Tuesday night. It's on Discovery Channel and it's called "Ghost Lab." It's a slight twist on the ghost hunter shows in that it uses a lot of technology to capture data. Plus, the guys on the show are pretty funny and have fun. This show uses something I've seen on a few of the other similar shows. It's basically creating an environment through sounds or music that was in use at the time of the suspected ghosts in order to draw them out. Ghost Hunters has used this in a couple of places.
I miss my ghost hunting days. When Judd (Burton) and I started our "West Texas Paranormal Research Society", we had high hopes. But now all of the members live hundreds of miles away from each other. We had some fun investigations, though. I remember when we had free reign on about 75% of the Wooten Hotel back when it first opened. We spent most of an entire night going through there. There was also our trip to Jefferson, Texas to stay in Room 19 of the haunted Jefferson Hotel. We also made a couple of home visits in Hamlin and Sweetwater to investigate some strange happenings. I've still got the tapes from those two trips. I'm feeling like I need to go back through them and give them another listen.
On a similar note, I was at Hastings for my weekly bargain-hunting trip and stumbled across Season Three of Paranormal State. I was kind of excited because I've missed all season due to the Monday Night Party on the Patio at the Seafood Tavern. It's fitting that it came out in October. I'm still wondering if they'll ever put the "Paranormal Kids" show on DVD. I really liked that show.
Last night's show at the Tavern with Kelly Murphey was another fun one. I never thought I'd have another conversation about the SASSI test (psychological screening tool we used at the Juvenile Justice Center). I've still got a cassette tape of my first interview during our training for the SASSI in Huntsville back in 2000.
The Frank Zappa Live in Barcelona concert DVD came in yesterday. Mom called me and said "you've got a package here from......Argentina?"
I'm looking forward to watching it. I just hope it's not "bootleg-quality", being that it's not an official Zappa family release. But then, 90% of Frank's music is bootlegs and compilations.
I'm now at the point where I have to start debating with myself whether or not I want to keep this beard. I've finally blended it in to where it basically covers my entire lower face, but how long will I be able to allow it to grow? I was hoping to keep in until Halloween, when I have to make another decision on what I want to be this year. Any suggestions?
There's always the "Slash" from Guns N Roses from a few years ago. Not much will top last year's "Lt. Dangle" costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment